There are so many wonderful blogs online and as a blogger, I follow many. In fact, I can’t keep up with my reading! AMS Daily recently posted 36 Things You Should Do To Find Happiness. Many of the suggestions I liked; however, I have added, deleted and customized the list, which appears below. I have heard and read so many sad stories lately, I felt it was appropriate to share this information in hopes of it bringing a bit of joy.
2. Rest is so important ~go to bed on time.
3. Get up on time so you can start the day unrushed.
4. Say no to projects that won’t fit into your time schedule or those that will compromise your physical or mental health.
5. Delegate tasks to capable others.
6. Simplify/de-clutter your life and surroundings.
7. Less is more.
8. Allow extra time to do things and to get to places.
9. Pace yourself. Spread out big changes and difficult projects over time; don’t lump the hard things together.
10. Take one day at a time.
11. Separate worries from concerns. If a situation is a concern, find out what God would have you do and let go of the anxiety. If you can’t do anything about a situation, forget it.
12. Live within your budget.
13. Have backups; an extra car key in your wallet, an extra house key buried in the garden, extra stamps, etc.
14. K.M.S. (Keep Mouth Shut). This single piece of advice can prevent an enormous amount of trouble.
15. Do something for the kid in you everyday. In fact, being around children makes you more child-like.
16. Carry an enlightening book with you to read while waiting.
17. Eat healthy.
18. Get organized so everything has its place.
19. Listen to uplifting music.
20. Write down thoughts and inspirations and visit it often. Share with others.
21. Every day, find time to be alone.
22. Having problems? Talk to God on the spot. Try to nip small problems in the bud. Don’t wait until it’s time to go to bed to pray.
23. Make friends with nice people.
24. Keep a folder of favorite scriptures on hand.
25. Remember that the shortest bridge between despair and hope is often a good “Thank you!”
27. Don’t take yourself too seriously.
28. Develop a forgiving attitude (most people are doing the best they can).
29. Be kind to unkind people (they probably need it the most).
30. Sit on your ego.
31. Talk less; listen more.
32. Slow down.
34. Remind yourself that everything is going to be ok.
35. Remember your manners.
36. Live the Golden Rule.
37. Every night before bed, think of one thing you’re grateful for that you’ve never been grateful for before.
©My Unplanned Life and www.shakinguplife.wordpress.com 2012.